I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Monday, May 6, 2013

What do you do everyday?



When someone asks me this, I have to say write, whether it is freelance work, or my own books. I have done many things in my life, but I haven’t worked for anyone else in over twenty years. In addition, I’m a workaholic, so this usually includes weekends, or part of them anyway if I’m busy with something that I have to finish.


I generally fill my days sitting in front of my computer. I grab a cup of coffee in the morning and head upstairs to my office in my PJ’s or my sweats, and put in a couple of hours of work before I go and get my shower and get dressed for the day.

After I’m dressed and have my breakfast later in the morning, its back to the computer where I usually stay until it’s time to cook dinner. If I get hungry, I graze, as my husband calls it, which means snack as I write. I don’t like to take time out to eat if I’m in the middle of an assignment with a deadline, or on a writing binge with one of my books.

After I clean the kitchen up, it is usually a couple more hours of writing, and then I’ll read or watch something I recorded on the DVR. How did we ever get along without those?

So there you have it. Between all of my writing, I blog, market my books, do email, and apply for more freelance work. That’s my life. There are times I’ll never even leave my house for three or four weeks at a time.

If you want to participate in this May challenge, please click here for the details:
Story of My Life: Blog every day in May: a challenge

4 comments:

  1. Impressed with your dedication! It is evident through your posts though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kate for reading and posting and the compliment. I guess at times I am too dedicated. My husband thinks I spend way too much time on the computer, but I like to write something daily. If I don't have an assignment to work on, I'll usually work on my book or blog posts.

    I have to stay busy all the time or I would go crazy. I would rather do something creative instead of cook and clean. Not a good thing if you're married.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting your blog! You are one busy lady! Where do you find free lance work? Let me know...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,

    Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. I'm glad you enjoy the blog. I do try to stay busy.

    Unfortunately, I didn't write anything today because I helped the neighbor lay down some weed mat in her yard. She was fighting the wind trying to do it alone and she is having rock delivered tomorrow that goes on top of that.

    There are many freelance work sites. Just google freelance work site and then you'll have to sign up for all of them, and search the job boards regularly and apply for jobs of interest. It takes a lot of time and you don't even get 50% of what you apply for, but eventually word-of-mouth spreads around. After that, it is a bit easier to get work. Above all, you have to have a lot of patience because nothing happens over night, or even in the first couple of months. Then in the beginning, you have to work for less than you want to. I guess it's a matter of "paying your dues" as they say.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni