I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Today’s Subject: A Piece of Advice I have for others



NEVER GIVE UP!


That’s it, folks. No matter how hard things get, never give up. You can gather up the courage and strength to keep going somehow.

This was one of life’s lessons taught to us as children growing up. We didn’t always have the best time living on the farm, as you can imagine if you’ve ever lived on a farm where you had to make ends meet with a once-a-year paycheck. That check and our lives were at the mercy of how well the crops did that year. Too much or too little rain could have a devastating outcome. The weather played a big part in things. Maybe that’s why I’m so interested in it now, always looking at the forecast.

When times aren’t the best as adults, my siblings, and I still rely on that very important message today to get us through those times. It helps immensely to know that I am a survivor and that I’ll be fighting until the end, if necessary.



If I gave up, I would never accomplish anything in my life and I can’t have that. When I set my sights on something, I always work toward it. Some days may not work out, but in the end, everything usually does. You probably achieve your task just when you should. Maybe the circumstances would have been different, if you had completed it early. You never know, as much as you want to rush to the finish line.



So hang in there no matter how tough it gets, and keep going. You can do it.

If you want to participate in this May Challenge, get more info here:
Story of My Life: Blog every day in May: a challenge

2 comments:

  1. Inspirational Sunni! Thank you. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and I just want to give up. Something inside me presses on somehow and posts like these do help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vashti,

    Thank you for reading. If I helped inspire one person, then this post was worth it. There are times we all want to throw in the towel, but don't ever do that, just keep going. Things will always get better and you'll be glad you did, especially when you see your accomplishment. Remember it doesn't matter if the accomplishment is big or small.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni