I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Difficult Thing about my “Lot in Life”

Free Clipart

Well that is today’s prompt. We are supposed to write about the difficulty of our “lot in life,” and what we’re doing to overcome it. I think everyone has difficulties to some degree, except for maybe the very rich, but then, even they may have difficulties that the rest of us will never realize.


I had a difficult childhood being raised on a farm and living in a sharecropper’s shack until I was about fourteen. There were seven of us, if you count all my siblings. We made the best of things, as children will do, and still had some very happy times. We had to be industrious in our thinking. I think that benefits all of is today, if times aren’t the best they can be.

Because of the circumstances of my childhood, I have done very well for myself. I definitely don’t take the finer things in life for granted and I know I can do without and survive if I have to, although I would never go back to those days. I’m still glad to have the experience of it all and glad it is behind me. I don’t think any of us could be as appreciative as we are today, if the situation would have been different back then. Most of today’s kids are very spoiled.

Most of us, on the other hand, can think for ourselves and work out a solution to a current problem without being overwhelmed. We are not quitters because things are tough.

If you want to participate in this challenge, find the daily prompts here:
Story of My Life: Blog every day in May: a challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni