I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Rant from the Soapbox

Free Clipart

This is today’s prompt. In all honesty, I could probably write a book sometimes, or so I think. I guess the real pet peeves that piss me off make me so angry that I think there are more than there really are. Having said that, I am an easy-going, peaceful person, and I try hard not to let things get to me because life is excessively short to go around angry. Therefore, I am only listing a few things that I simply can’t stand. Unfortunately, I have to put up with all of this a lot. Isn’t that how life is?


People who hang up on me when we’re talking on the phone

People who think that I’m picking on them about everything. They want to argue about it, even when I am not picking on them to start with. I don’t pick on people on purpose. Read the above – I am a peaceful person and like tranquillity in my life.

Politics of any kind at any time

Clock-watchers

Talking heads that debate the same issue repeatedly day after day when they will never change anyone’s mind.

Having to eat dinner in front of the TV because something “so important” is on that it requires complete silence

Having to pay constant attention to the time so I can keep a certain schedule so as not to cause an argument over my habits

People who can’t resolve issues, and then let them go instead of bringing them back up continually.

Being accused of something that I didn’t do

When people try to save me from myself, and have to supervise me, thinking they know what’s best for me.

People who think that they are always right and won’t listen to someone else’s POV

People who think they are better than others are because we are all equal

People who are cruel to animals

Okay, I guess I’m through now. If you’d like to join in the May Challenge, please click here for more info:
Story of My Life: Blog every day in May: a challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni