I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Day in My Life


Free Clipart

My life consists of writing and more writing after I get my act together in the morning. As I’m a night owl, this isn’t always busy. I usually hit the computer early with a cup of coffee and go downstairs later to get dressed and have breakfast. Besides drinking coffee and writing, I cook dinner and wash dishes a couple of times a day. I usually just snack for lunch, or graze as my husband calls it.


 This is Comet


This is Koki

Generally, I have at least one cat sitting on my desk or computer during the day and evening. I have to deal with this from time to time when they begin playing footsies with my keyboard and mouse. Or give them some extra attention when they start giving me those lover eyes.

These two cats are the most frequent visitors to my office.

In the evenings, before or after dinner, I like to sit out on the patio. We have a nice bench that allows me to look at the desert and listen to all the birds as they gather their families for the night. It’s quiet and tranquil out there and I’m all about peacefulness.


 Desert Walk - Sunni's Photo's


Sometimes I’ll take a walk back there where I am totally alone on the dirt trails that meander through the sagebrush and cactus.  Sunsets are also spectacular.

Desert Sunset - Sunni's Photo's

At night is usually more writing, or reading, unless I watch something I recorded on the DVR. My husband and I have different likes in TV, although we do watch international homes frequently before I come back upstairs to get back to it.


Books - Free Clipart

The last thing I usually do up here is check my email and then head downstairs to do all the night time chores, like scooping the litter boxes, and setting up the coffee for tomorrow morning.

About once or twice a month, I’ll go out and spend the day shopping or meandering through some stores to see what’s new and to get out amongst people.


Shopping - Free Clipart

So there you have it – the boring life of a writer. I am never bored with my routine though, which is a good thing. I do a lot of searching on the internet and there is always something new to learn that I didn’t know.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty much like my day. I'm glad you enjoy your writing and time to do so. I have enjoyed your latest and look forward to the day when it's up on amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    Thanks for stopping by, reading, and commenting.

    I love writing and could probably do it more than I do, although I'm at it a lot. There is always something going through my head. LOL

    Boy, of course I look forward to that day too. I hope I have everything completed by fall, but we'll see. After I do the rewrites and you've looked at it again, I'm hoping to get a couple of people to read it before it's published. Of course, they are readers, not writers. But I'd like to see what they think of the story and if it's exciting enough to read without boring them to death.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little jealous that you have the space to do all that writing. My day job takes up a lot of my time and energy. I have had bursts of time when I could just focus on writing and cooking and hiking and friends. I miss it. Meanwhile, I write whenever I can squeeze it in. Lovely, photo, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jagoda,

      It's true, I do a lot of writing, much to my husband's disgust. But I have had no luck finding any type of job, not that I haven't tried. I would really like to get something PT, but I guess at my age it isn't meant to be, unless I want to be a greeter at Walmart.

      It is nice to have the free time, but then I have no spending money either and rarely leave the house to socialize. I just try to get as much freelance as I can and do my own writing for my books and blogs. I stay too busy, but somehow I could work a few more hours in, if I had to.

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni