I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I’m Afraid of What


Photo Credit - Gandolfo Cannatella

That’s the topic for today’s post. All the prompts in this May Challenge are things that you should be able to answer without racking your brain too much. They can also be short, if you like. If you want to participate, you will find the info you need here:

Story of My Life: Blog every day in May: a challenge

Now, to get on with today’s post. I am probably most afraid of losing everything and having to live as a homeless person. Normally, this kind of stuff wouldn’t cross my mind a lot, but my husband is quite a naysayer about what is going on in the US these days. Listening to him all the time makes me wonder about many things.

I’m not sure how worried I really need to be, or if this is just an argument for getting me to agree to moving out of the country. He doesn’t understand that I can see no sense in that. It will be very hard to see my family then, not that I see them much now, but it is still doable when I can drive there, if I have to.

I know our funds are always in short supply and the cost of everything keeps going up. To make ends meet in the US on retirement income is very difficult. We really will have to work all our lives. Of course, the argument is we will live well in a foreign country. I’m not so sure this is true after talking with friends who have done that. I think we, as Americans, are just a spoiled bunch because we’ve had so much all of our lives and don’t realize the difficulties and expenses that can arise in foreign areas.

Anyhow, the jury is still out on the verdict as to where to move, but the planning and downsizing efforts continue.

If I were homeless, where would I plug in my computer, and keep all my cats, not to mention everything else I would never part with? This would be a real serious issue. Has anyone else ever thought about this?

2 comments:

  1. hi. congrats for your blog and your post.I am the photographer who took the photo you used for this article. I wanted to inform you that the image is not free. if you want to use an image you have to buy it in one of the microstock sites where you can find such as: http://www.canstockphoto.it/vagrant-receives-alms-8774714.html

    or in other agencies as shutterstock, 123rf, depositphotos, etc...
    please remove from the site the word "free clipart" and insert the photo credits: © Gandolfo Cannatella...

    Best Regards

    Gandolfo Cannatella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gandolfo,

      Done. I didn't realize this was your photo. Sorry for stepping on your work and not giving credit.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni