I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Five Songs that Speak to Me

Free Clipart

This one was tough because I like music across the board, except country western. It was hard to pick out five. It all depends on what kind of mood I’m in, as to what I listen to on any given day. Sometimes, I just enjoy the quiet and the sounds of nature coming in through my window. Therefore, all of these will be very different from each other because my mood changes.


This one I love because this guy had a beautiful voice and left us way too young. Sometimes, I listen to this late at night before I turn my computer off. I want this one played at my funeral. No, I’m not being morbid. We all face this eventually.

IZ Rainbow Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

This song has always been one of my favorites, although I like many by this band. They put on a terrific concert and inspire me that people this age can still do what they love.

Stones Satisfaction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5W4k6vD2WY

I really like this one if I want soft background music when I’m writing, depending on what I’m writing. I’ve always liked Celtic music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZpCUer5qvI&list=PL6Er3lCmobVC8Om4DnNahh-m2T4epfQ9q

Once in awhile, I like to listen to this one because of where I’m currently living – in the desert. It seems to fit the mood of a desert night. This is a country western gal, but I don’t consider this a country western song.

Crystal Gayle Midnight in the Desert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmUpgvmFk4

I love Indian music at times and the pan-flutes of the Incas and other tribes. I have a few CD’s with this type of music. This is especially fun to listen to at street faires because it reminds me of the times when I was a vendor there in CA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYDjiKl5J4U

We are limited to five, so I have to stop there. I must say that I’m also a fan of Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, and Wynton Marsalis. There are many talented musicians out there, but I tend to be more of a fan of the 60’s and 70’s than today’s Rock and Roll.

The May Challenge is almost over. If you’d like to participate in this challenge, please go here for more details:
Story of My Life: Blog every day in May: a challenge

2 comments:

  1. Yes! 60's and 70's. That's me too.

    Now I need to think of what I want played at my funeral. It couldn't be just one song. My funeral will last for hours. Everybody will probably get tired of it and end up leaving. There I'll be, lying in my casket, listening to all my songs all by myself.

    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee,

      You are funny. I'll have more than one song too, but I love the rainbow song, sung by IZ. It's the best. I guess wanting it played at my funeral is pretty weird, huh? And a bit morbid too perhaps, but funerals are a fact for all of us to face eventually.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni