I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Friday, May 10, 2013

An Embarrassing Moment

Free Clipart

I am the sort of person who likes my appearance to be perfect if I’m going out in public, unless it’s to the gym or a place like that. So of course, if I don’t have everything “just so,” it’s embarrassing.


My husband and I were out of state on business about twenty years ago. The next morning we were meeting a business associate for breakfast. My hair wasn’t behaving itself, so I sprayed water on my bangs and put a couple of those big clips on them while I got dressed.

I hate to hurry all the time, but my husband was rushing me as usual and we left the room in a hurry. Naturally, you know where this is going. I had forgotten to take those clips off my bangs and found them halfway through breakfast as I brushed my hair out of my face. I’m sure I must have turned several shades of red as I quickly snatched them out of my hair and put them in my purse, trying to be cool and calm about it.

Disgusted with my husband doesn’t even begin to describe the way I felt after we left the restaurant. I’m just glad the place wasn’t super busy because he never told me, and the guy we were having breakfast with never indicated anything either. However, I guess he probably wouldn’t. I was so embarrassed. I don’t think I’ll ever forget this incident, which my husband thought was no big deal. Yeah, right....

If you want to participate in this May challenge, click here:
Story of My Life: Blog every day in May: a challenge




2 comments:

  1. My most embarrassing moment occurred many years ago when I was watching my mom cut my dad's hair. My mom used to cut all our hair (mine, my sister's, my brother's)and she used to blow on our faces when she was cutting our bangs so that we did not get irritated by the stray hairs that fell on us when she was cutting. On the day that my dad was getting his haircut, he was getting irritated, but my mom was too busy cutting to notice (or maybe she didn't care!) and so I suggested "Dad, why don't you get Mom to blow you?"

    I don't know how I forgot the word "on" but I was so embarrassed that I ran out of the room with my face fifty shades of red!

    I still laugh to this day when I think of this memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine,

      That is funny and embarrassing. LOL I felt awfully stupid with those clips in my hair and sometimes I wonder if the guy remembers it. I'm actually glad I haven't seen him since.

      Thanks for reading and your comment.
      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni