I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What do Your Eyes Say about You?

Iridology Chart - Public Domain Photo

I bet very few of you have ever heard of this, and that’s why I picked it for today’s topic. I know you’ve heard that your eyes are the windows to your soul, but did you know that they are also a roadmap to your body’s health?


That’s right. Looking at the iris of the eye (colored part) can tell a trained iridologist the exact nature of the health of your body. Unbelievably, all of the organs in your body have a placement in the iris of your eyes.

Years ago, I took a class on this given by the owner of a health food and herb store. He was a homeopathic practitioner. A group of about 30 of us got together to learn about this, originally developed by Dr. Bernard Jensen. We had photos of our eyes taken before class and were able to analyze each others eyes as part of the class. Our instructor used a slide projector to show the photos to the class.

Iridology Chart - Left Eye - Public Domain Photo

By studying intricate patterns of the iris, you an enhance self-awareness and improve the quality of your well-being for yourself and others. After the class, we were able to identify areas of inherent weakness, tissue interactivity, nerve conditions, glandular infections, nutritional imbalances and more.

Iridology Chart - Right Eye - Public Domain Photo

Class time study went over the theory and philosophy of iridology. We learned a bit about the history of this whole concept. I now know where to look in the eyes to see if there are any problems coming down the road in the future. In some cases, you can stop a disease in its tracks just by changing your diet.

My husband and I tried out our newfound skills on some friends after the class. They were stunned we could tell them about some of their health issues, and even previous surgeries they had had.

It was exciting to participate in this journey of self-discovery. So many ancient arts are not really in practice today. We can all learn so much from things we never hear about in the modern age. It makes me wonder how knowledge like this seemed to fall to the wayside somewhere along the way.

I hope all of you are able to take away something from this post, if not only just to get your curiosity up enough to make you want to learn more.

15 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I have one of those charts too, but I never took a class on it. I did take a class on face reading, however, which is similar. There are several ways in which you can determine the health of a person and specific problems just by looking at them. Awesome post!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen,

      Thanks. It was an interesting class. I always like to learn something new. The face reading one sounds interesting too.

      I'm going to check out your post for today now.

      Thanks for reading.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my space. :)

    That was an interesting post. I had once read about finger prints and still searching for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Me,

    I'm sure fingerprints say something about a person too because they are all different.

    Thanks for reading and posting.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally just went and looked in the mirror at my eyes for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean Slate,

      Did you see anything in the mirror?

      Thanks for reading and your comment.

      Sunni

      Delete
  5. Very interesting! My optician once took a photo of my eye up really close, it looks amazing, not like you would think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowena,

      That's exactly what they did to us for the class. They put the shots on a slide projector so the whole class could learn. It is amazing what you see by a big close-up shot.

      Thanks for reading and posting.

      Sunni

      Delete
  6. That's very interesting. I bet your friends were a little freaked out by their eye-reading saying so much about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat,

      They were shocked I could tell them things they had kept under wraps, and not told me. Then they were very interested.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Sunni

      Delete
  7. How cool! I want to learn more about it--I'm sure I could find a use for this skill in my writing. Thanks for this interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jagoda,

      I'm sure you can find lots on the internet now. If you can find a holistic practioner near you, or an irridologist, is also another thought and see if they would teach a class. It is very interesting stuff.

      Thanks for reading.

      Sunni

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sunni for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lillian,

      Thanks for stopping by, reading, and posting. I'm glad you liked it.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni