I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Nighttime is my Time

Free Clipart

Night for me means the moon, the stars, and creativity.


When it gets dark outside, I always seem to wake up, even if I sat and yawned, falling asleep all day. I’m not sure why I’m this way, but this has been true as long as I can remember.

The time from dusk to dawn when no daylight is visible is my most creative time. It is quiet in the house when everyone has gone to bed. My mind comes to life and I usually get in the mood to write something.

Plus, I love to gaze out the window imagining all sorts of worlds out there, especially if the moon is full. I can see the whole yard so clearly that I can walk around without a problem at all out there. I love the full moon and wonder what it would be like to live on Jupiter where there are so many of them in the sky. I would probably never want to go to bed. It is hard to drag myself away now. I find myself wanting to go out there and dance under the moonlight, but I know my husband will think I’m crazier then he already thinks I am, so I reign myself in.

Has anyone ever wondered why it seems to take longer for the moon to wax than to wane? I guess my mind fills with all kinds of crazy thoughts sometimes.

Where I live there are very few streetlights. So it is pitch black, if there isn’t a full moon. There are a million stars twinkling away. You’d never notice half of them if you lived in the city. Once in awhile, I’ll look out just at the right time to see a shooting star.

In the summer, I can sit on the couch and see the moon rising over the bluff behind my house and the sun setting behind the mountains in the front. That boggles my mind. Its lovely then and I wish I could take a picture. The moon is huge with the brightest glow in a sky that is still a bit blue and the sun goes down in an array of oranges and pinks and bright yellows, but this only last about five minutes, not nearly long enough.

Sometimes I think of that rhyme we all learned as kids. "Star light, Star bright, the first Star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, Have the wish I wish tonight."

If it’s meant to be, I’m sure your wishes will come true.

8 comments:

  1. I love the nighttime too. Can't beat sunshine for me, but a beautiful night is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean Slate,

      Thanks for reading.

      Don't get me wrong, I'm a real sun person myself. I just get a lot more creative things done at night. It's usually quiet around here and I can let my imagination roam.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. I really like your blog. The colors, everything, so easy on my tired eyes.

    I love nighttime, too. Wish I could stay up longer and write, but then I have to be up early in the morning, take my son to school and get ready for work. But when I can, I do stay up. It's quiet, peaceful ... so nice.

    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silvia,

      Thank you so much for liking my blog. I try to keep the print big enough and in a color that can be read easily on a black background. I don't want it to be hard on people's eyes.

      That's usually what I use the night for is writing on my projects. It is quiet and peaceful. Usually, I can accomplish a lot.

      I am unemployed so no problems with a job, although I would like to find a part-time one eventually. I'm not sure that will happen.

      My husband is retired and he hates me on the computer all day, so I usually can't get on much in the day time. If I get a freelance project to do, then I do, but he expects me to do a lot of stuff around the house in the daylight hours.

      After dinner, I am scrambling to do my emails and blogging, so I can write before he thinks it is too late for me to be up.

      Thank you for reading and commenting. I'll check out your site.

      Sunni

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky to live in a place where you can see the stars at night. I live in a rainy and cloudy place (Pacific NW) where we get steady, clear skies with star shine only a couple of months a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jagoda,

      Is that all the clear time you have for viewing the sky? Wow! I never thought about that. It is clear here most of the time, but not always in the winter. Then sometimes we get some freak storms like we're having today when it's socked in and raining.

      I also live about eight miles out of the city, so it is very dark out here, although I can see the city lights in the distance. We can't see all the way to the horizon because of all the mouintains and bluffs, etc. There are lots of stars usually all over though. I look at them every night that it is clear. We even have a telescope, but don't use it very often.

      Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete
  4. It's the same here at night. There is virtually no smog (because of the high winds), and very few street lights in the area. I love that you can see all of the stars and a clear moon. So beautiful! We are both very lucky. :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen,

      I guess we are lucky that it is so clear in the desert. I think you told me you lived in the desert too. We get very high winds too - sometimes awful winds blowing things sideways and away, if it isn't really weigted down. No smog here either. Sometimes blowing sand though.

      Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni