I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Killer Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe

Killer Chocolate Cheesecake - Free Clipart


My husband loves to cook and bake things. We cook different things and this works out great because cooking isn’t exactly a favorite activity of mine. He comes up with some tasty dishes and is actually a better cook than I am, in my opinion. I wanted to share this cheesecake recipe for those of you who have a sweet tooth. It is fantastic and loaded with calories I’m sure because it is quite rich, but makes a nice dessert to take somewhere, if you have a function to attend. I have to admit it is sinfully yummy.


Killer Triple-Chocolate Cheesecake

Ingredients:

1 chocolate graham cracker crust (if you can’t find one, you can buy a package of Oreo cookies and use those (icing removed of course)

If you make your own using Oreo’s, you will need to crush the cookies, mix with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie pan.

I package (6 squares) of Baker’s white chocolate, divided

4 packages (8 oz each) Philadelphia cream cheese softened, divided

1 cup of sugar, divided

½ teaspoon of vanilla

3 eggs

3 squares of Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, divided

1 tub (8 ounces) of Cool Whip, or whipped cream, if desired

Directions:

Heat oven to 325° F

Prepare crust as described above, or use purchased pie shell

Melt 5 white chocolate squares as directed on package, cool slightly

Beat 3 packages of cream cheese, ¾ cup of sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add melted white chocolate, mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on slow speed after each, just until blended. Pour this mixture into the crust.

Bake 50-55 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool completely.

Meanwhile, melt two semi-sweet chocolate squares, cool

Beat remaining cream cheeses and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Add melted semi-sweet chocolate, mix well. Whisk in whipped topping, or whipped cream, and spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate four hours.

Garnish with chocolate curls made from remaining white and semi-sweet chocolates, or melt and drizzle over entire cheesecake. If using melted chocolate, let cool to set up before serving.

12 comments:

  1. One more choco cake recipe into my list. Thanks a bunch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me,

      Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. This cake is sooo good, but very rich.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Yummy! In the UK we make cheesecake with a digestive biscuit base, not sure if you can them in the US. Your recipe sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowena,

      This is definitely for chocolate lovers. It's super rich, but yummy. I haven't seen any digestive biscuit base in the stores here.

      I hope you can find all the ingredients if you want to try it.

      Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete
  3. Great blog! Your posts are interesting and easy to read!

    Visiting from A-Z.

    www.thedrunkrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bitchy D,

      Thank you for that compliment. I guess I write a lot like I talk, so nothing too fancy. I'm glad you found a few interesting things.

      I'll have to check out yours. I've already met some great people that I didn't know existed before this A to Z.

      Sunni

      Delete
  4. Oh, that sounds yummy! I'll copy that recipe and try it sometime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jagoda,

      It is too yummy and that can be a problem.

      Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the recipe.

      Sunni

      Delete
  5. My human wants to try it but she started a diet :-/
    My human is strange really.
    She says thanks for the yummy recipe though!
    Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas Cat,

      Yes this is not a post for anyone on a diet. It's the only recipe I have in the A to Z. It's good to make if you have to take a dish somewhere. Your human wouldn't have to eat any.

      Thnaks for reading and commenting.

      Sunni

      Delete
  6. SAVE!! :) Chocolate AND cheesecake?! Am I dreaming? Fave! :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen,

      If you like chocolate and cheesecake, I promise you'll like this one.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni