I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Y is for Yippee! I have a celebrity in the house!


Okay, I hope this will suffice for a Y word this year.  I was going to save this for later, but I’m so happy my little fur baby got his mug printed in a magazine that I just had to share this.

Back in February, a local magazine here asked for submissions of spring pet pictures for an upcoming issue.  Naturally, being the person I am, my brain went into overdrive. There had to be some way I could enter this contest.  How could I let this opportunity pass me by?

After thinking on this a few days, I made a trip to the dollar store and the craft store to get some ideas.  I knew the only one I could enter in this contest was Raven because he always indulges all my whims of fancy and will pose for me.  The other cats won’t hold still long enough.

I decided my spring picture had to be another hat because Raven likes them and of course we’ve all heard of spring bonnets.  How I wished they made cat-size hats in the party stores.  But alas, nothing like that was to be found.  So it was to the drawing board for me after I collected a few things at the dollar store and local party store.

Here are the pet pages in the magazine

It didn’t take me too long to whip up my creation.  By late afternoon I had my picture and got busy downloading my camera card so I could submit the entry in time.  The next day I had an email in my email inbox thanking me for my entry and telling me it was cute.

Then the wait began.

I had no idea which month the pet’s pictures would be posted.  When the April issue came out, I began to investigate because we no longer receive the magazines free with the newspaper.  We have to pick them up in newsstands around town. 

Raven in his spring hat

I got on the net and did a search for an online copy.  Not finding any pet photos in April, I looked at the March issue and there on page 27 was my angel in living color.  I had to laugh because it really is a silly hat (plus I was thrilled to see him in the magazine.)  The girl called him a she instead of a he (probably because of the flowery bonnet he had on).  What self-respecting boy would wear that?  But I forgive her.  She probably thinks I left the “s” out of my email and meant to say she.  I’ll give her the benefit of a doubt.

So then several emails and a week later, I finally obtained two print copies of this magazine, one for me and one for the lady at PAWS where I adopted Raven.  After I told her about it, she wanted one of the magazines too.


Call me a nutty cat lady, but I’m over-the-moon about my little celebrity.

6 comments:

  1. So cute!! I would have been the same. Neat Raven did get featured and such a cute picture of him and the hat you made :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,

      You'd probably think I have way too much free time on my hands if I can work in making a hat for a cat. I really don't, but I couldn't let that opportunity pass me by. I made him the hat and he posed for me. I was so thrilled he got published too because I really wasn't expecting it.

      Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's great. Did you show Raven? Did he like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      I'm always telling Raven he's famous now. I like to think he understands me. LOL

      Thanks for your comment.

      Sunni

      Delete
  3. No, Sunni! This is really wonderful! What pet owner or photographer wouldn't be thrilled to be published in a magazine?! Handsome boy, by the way!
    Revisit the Tender Years with me at
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,

      Thank you for stopping by. I'm very proud of my boy and he knows it too. I'll probably keep that magazine forever. Something like that doesn't happen everyday.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni