I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

X is for Xavier Steak Recipe









I was at a loss for this letter X until I found this recipe.  This steak looks so simple and easy to do.

Xavier Steak

Ingredients:

2 whole (10-oz) New York steaks, or any other steaks of your choice 
These should be about 1 inch thick.

I pinch salt and pepper

2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce

6 asparagus spears or more if you like asparagus

2 tablespoons olive oil

8 slices of Swiss cheese

Directions:

Season steaks with salt and pepper.  Place in glass dish and drizzle on Worcestershire sauce.  Turn the steaks, cover and refrigerate for fifteen minutes.  Turn the steaks again and marinade another fifteen minutes.

Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.  Lightly oil the grate.  Place the steaks on the preheated grill, close lid and cook for 7 minutes.  Toss asparagus spears with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

Place asparagus on the grill and turn the steaks over.  Close lid. Cook until steaks are beginning to firm and are slightly pink in the center and asparagus is tender, approximately another 7 minutes.  Turn the asparagus halfway through. 

Top each steak with asparagus spears and Swiss cheese.  Continue cooking until the cheese has melted.  Remove from the grill and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

If you don’t have a grill, you could cook this in a cast iron skillet with a lid, or under the broiler, but I would lower it down from the heat a bit.

Prep time approx 5 minutes

Cook time approx 15 minutes


Serving size 2
Calories 1017
Fat 73.3 g
Protein 76 g
Cholesterol 252 mg


There’s lots of calories and fat in this because of the meat and all the cheese.  But once in a while shouldn’t hurt anyone’s diet too much.

4 comments:

  1. Funny I had never heard of this recipe but another lady featured it on her blog today :) Now I really want to make it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,

      Really? Well X is a hard letter so I guess I'm not surprised.

      Thanks for stopping by and let me know how your steak turns out.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. That's the trick, right? Everything in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      Yes, I think the trick to everything is using moderation.

      Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni