I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

W is for Wave Rock Australia


Location of Wave Rock

This rock formation is located in the bottom left corner of Australia.  More than 140,000 tourists visit the rock each year.  There’s a fence along the top of the rock that channels rain water to a storage dam.



 Wave Rock
 
Each September they hold a music festival called the Wave Rock weekender event.

The rock’s wave-like shape was formed by weathering from water erosion and heavy rains.  The streaks are dissolving minerals.

Wave Rock

The wave is almost 40 feet high and just over 328 feet long.  What an amazing natural wonder this must be.

There sure does seem to be a lot of places to see around the world.



Some of the info came from the Trigger Pit blog

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Carol,

      This would definitely be a work of nature to see.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. That is amazing how much it does look like a wave!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,

      I agree. It would be surreal to see this thing in person.

      Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete
  3. How beautiful is that! I agree with Betty, it does look like a wave.
    http://enchantedfantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thea,

      Yes, somehow the conditions are just right in this part of the world to create this amazing wonder.

      Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete
  4. Oh wow. That would be worth the whole trip "down under".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      Definitely this would be worth a trip "down under." The problem is there would be plenty on my list to see. I'd have to stay a month to get the job done.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Sunni

      Delete
  5. WOW! That is so awesome!

    Hi! Stopping by from Betty's blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica,

      Thank for visiting my blog during the A to Z. I'm glad you stopped in to have a look at this awesome wave. I'll check out your blog too.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni