I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sandpaper Kisses

Raven

Okay, I can’t help it but this is another post about my little man, Raven.  He woke me up this morning with his sandpaper kisses about 4 AM.  He was sleeping on my pillow with his head on my shoulder when he decided that my face needed a bath, I guess.  I reached over to pet him and he was purring like crazy.

This cat is the sweetest thing.  It’s been about twenty years since I had a cat that sleeps on my pillow.  I woke up a week ago to find him nestled into my shoulder two nights in a row.  I don’t know if this will be a normal thing or not.



 Raven

He’s almost nine-months-old now and clearly content and loving his new home.

I almost adopted a black kitten three years ago from our local no-kill shelter.  In fact, I was in the shelter signing the paperwork too bring the kitten home for a try out with my girls.  They let you do that here, giving adoptive parents a two-week trial if they have other animals in the house.

This didn’t work out because who would call me on the cell phone at that moment – my husband, who nixed that idea real quick – as we already had three cats and didn’t need another one.  The lady at the shelter was a bit disgusted with me as we’d done the paperwork and she had the kitten in a box and had given me a bag of kitten chow.  I felt bad leaving the poor little thing there screaming his head off – he wanted out of that box! 

The next week I ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery.  Now maybe this was a good thing, me not being able to follow up on that adoption.  Three years later, I found Raven who was waiting for me to adopt him and give him a good home.  So everything worked out in the end.  I hope the shelter kitten got a loving home too.  He would be three-years-old now.

2 comments:

  1. Pauleen,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll check yours out. My cats are my family and I don't know what I'd do without them. This little boy is such a sweetheart. I'm lucky to have found him.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni