I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

C is for Copper



Copper is both shiny and opaque.  Being a metal it’s also quiet heavy.  This is probably the first medal used by man.  Copper was found on the island of Cyprus so many think this is where it gets its name. 

Raw copper

The metal copper makes bronze when mixed with tin and was used before iron was in general use.  Today it’s used in wiring and water pipes.


While living in California we had all our plastic pipes replaced with copper after the plastic burst and flooded the house.  What a mess that was.  And of course this “adventure” happened over Thanksgiving.  The house was torn up for weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Were you part of that whole PVC pipe mess a few years ago?

    I think the pipes bursting over Thanksgiving is another application of Murphy's Law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    I was back in the 80's in CA.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni