I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Living by the Law of Attraction



One of my girlfriends and I were talking about this yesterday and then last night an article on this subject pops up on my news pages on the internet.

I know many of you have heard of this and others haven’t.  Briefly, it means, “like attracts like.”  In other words, if you are pessimistic and put out that kind of energy that’s what you’ll attract into your life and vice versa.  It’s kind of like, what you sow is what you’ll reap or seeing the glass half-full or half empty.  Even living by the golden rule can apply here.

I once write an eBook for a guy on this very subject a couple of years ago, so I did a lot of research into this at that time.  It will always behoove us to think with positive thoughts, even though in the bad times this may be hard to do.  But you have to train yourself to stay optimistic because bad times will pass.  We could never enjoy the good times as well as we do if we didn’t have the bad times.  Besides, life is a mix of joys and woes.

I’m probably an overly optimistic person because I always think I can achieve certain things up until the last second when I have to admit defeat.  It doesn’t mean I didn’t give it my best shot because I always do, but I’m only one person trying to accomplish what I set out for myself and sometimes my goals are unrealistic.

I’m still waiting for good things to come my way, not that my life is all that bad when you look at the big picture, but I have to wonder if in my subconscious mind I always knew all along I could never accomplish that feat, but yet I tried anyway.  I’m constantly doing this with everything.  Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail, but I’m still optimistic about the next thing that comes along.  I don’t know where I get this, but it’s in my genes.

Now this in one of those conversations I have with myself, as I lie awake at night with insomnia.  Maybe it has to do with the subconscious mind and not with your conscious mind at all.  Maybe that’s what attracts good or bad things to us.  Always these deep subjects boggle the mind and cause a lot of pondering that will keep me awake all night.

I want to share this short article if anyone cares to read it.  You can find it here.  6 Things Every Optimist Believes.  

I really believe the art of attraction does work if you practice it and make it a part of your everyday life.  This really makes perfect sense.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni