I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas to all



I can’t tell you how happy I am that I made it to this day.  Working can be a real bear at times, although I must say there are the sweetest people that come around just at the right moment.  If it wasn’t for that perhaps many of us would have thrown in the towel long ago.

So we’ve made it to the end of another Christmas season, although we expect it to be somewhat busy next week as people stock up and prepare for New Years.

It rained all day today and the store was semi-busy.  But there were few messes except for the few shoppers who thought they could shake off the shopping cart in the middle of the store, which only made situations worse by causing big puddles for people to trip in.  What’s wrong with people’s thinking?  “But this cart is wet,” they complained.  Well no shit, Sherlock, it’s raining outside.  Of course we didn’t say this but, really, what do people expect?

I’m just so happy to stay home tomorrow and cuddle up with my cats who love me all the time and aren’t judgmental over anything.  Boy we could all take a lesson from our pets.

However you’re celebrating the holidays, have a happy and healthy one.  Relax and enjoy loved ones if you can.  I feel like such an awful fur Mama because I didn’t bother putting up the tree this year.  But then it’s easy to forego that when it’s only me, hubby, and the cats and no family.  Still that’s not much of an excuse because I do it for the cats who love to tear into a tree.

Have fun, stay safe and celebrate like there’s no tomorrow.  Real life is coming back real quick.

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! It rained a lot here yesterday; I would imagine it dampened those that were still out getting things for their Christmas festivities. We got out early and got it all done before it started to rain.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,

      Good for you to go out early for last minute things. It was crazy busy at Costco yesterday and rained all day and then shoppers complained the carts were all wet.

      Today it's 39 here and snowing off and on, but not sticking.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Carol,

      Thank you! I hope your day was wonderful!

      Sunni

      Delete
  3. I didn't put up a tree, either. You can always get the cats something else to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      Yes, next yr it will be a homemade tiny tree. I already have the craft supplies. I'll tie pipe cleaners or cat toys on it. They'll love it. LOL

      Hope your Christmas was nice.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni