I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Did someone throw me a life raft?

My breakfast frittata and smoothie

Ha!  Not exactly but that’s what crossed my mind when I put this great breakfast on a plate.  Wow!  Not that I don’t always eat real food, but things like this are a treat.  My usual fare is cereal, kale and fruit smoothies, big salads and peanut butter and rice cakes.  When the scale said 106 this morning, I thought I would splurge.

I love eggs scrambled up frittata style with onion, peppers, carrots, artichoke jalapeno dip, cheese and tomatoes.  Wow!  It’s so good but most of the time I don’t have the time to indulge in stuff like this.

The bread you see on the side is an Indian flat-bread called Naan.  It can be heated in the toaster and is great with anything.  You can even make mini pizzas with it or wraps.  I discovered it a year ago at Costco when I was doing a demo for it.  And it’s such a bargain at 18 pieces for $4.99.

Anyway as stated, I’m not one to eat much but I thought, I’m home sick and starting to feel better so I better eat a little more and as always, something nutritious.  I’m back at work while you’re reading this today.



 Have you ever seen a bottle this size?  I think I have enough for the whole city.
 
I’m sure after this big bottle of antibiotics I’m bound to be well from anything that ails me.  All these antibiotics do have me a bit worried about my immune system, as antibiotics aren’t a lot of good for that.  I’ve never ever heard of this many being prescribed before.  I almost wanted to call the doctor to see if he made a mistake in giving me 84 capsules!  I do have asthma so maybe he thinks this sickness might evolve into bronchitis or pneumonia.

So today I’m running down to the herb store to get something extra to boost my immune system.  It can’t hurt and I sure don’t need any additional sick issues.

4 comments:

  1. 84 capsules sound excessive, Sunni. I would definitely call the doctor and ask why so many pills. I've never heard of so many given at one time. Did they tell you what you have?
    Your breakfast looks scrumptious. I'm glad you're treating yourself. You deserve it. Get better soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vashti,

      Yes, I'm definitely questioning the Dr about that many capsules of antibiotics. I keep thinking I should call and make sure there is no mistake but I haven't done it yet. Maybe I should because the whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.

      He told me I have a bad cold and sinus infection. He listened to my chest because I have asthma and then asked if I'd been using my inhalers. Then he wrote the prescriptions. I didn't know he ordered that many until I got the prescription filled.

      Yes, I was treating myself to a nice breakfast because I never eat like that (well it's rare.)

      Thank you. I will get better soon.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great breakfast. I hope work went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      I normally don't eat like that but it sure hit the spot.

      Work went fine. I was in the snack area of the store so not cold at all. Thank goodness and thanks for asking. That's very nice.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni