I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, December 18, 2016

It’s Candy Time

Lindor Candy Balls

I did my first road show this year at work.  We usually do a two-shift event for a week or ten days at a time.  We do Lindor candy the first ten days of December.  This was great fun because candy always puts a smile on everyone’s face.

And we get to wear Christmas red aprons, no hairnets and no plastic gloves, so you can actually style your hair and feel like a candy fairy handing out candy from your “goldilocks” basket.  Oh my!

My co-worker and I worked until 9 PM.  Most of that time we had a line, but most of the people waited patiently.  After all we only have two hands a piece.  All the little kids had eyes as big as saucers.  You would think they were making the hardest decision of their lives when I asked them what flavor of chocolate they wanted.  It was smiles all around and that doesn’t happen often enough.

This candy is fabulous.  If any of you haven’t tried it, you should.  It’s Swiss chocolate and is chocolate over a chocolate truffle.  Every piece of Lindor candy is wrapped in shiny, bright foil paper. 



 What a great marketing idea.  This thing is almost the size of a volley ball.  But it's a candy dish filled with candy and wrapped like a giant candy.
We sold lots of candy that evening.  This is what got the most attention.  You can imagine this giant piece of wrapped candy.  Everyone thought it was a huge candy ball but is, in fact, a candy dish filled with milk chocolate candy and perfect for gift giving or setting out for company during the holidays.

The store was closed by the time we left so they had to let us out a side door.  The night crew was busy restocking shelves on their forklifts but, from the looks of it, I think they were having fun racing around on those things.  I had to smile.  When we got up front they had pulled out all the seating and tables from the snack area and were mopping the floor getting the store ready for tomorrow.

Everything was quiet except for the engine hum and the faint tooting horns of the forklifts in the distant.


Isn't this nice?  Why can't everyone be this thoughtful?

On another note, a few days later, a customer brought us each small gifts of holiday chocolates she makes for us every year.  What a wonderful thing to do for a complete stranger who doesn't even really know any of us outside of the store.  This small gesture makes the holidays special.  

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to after Valentine's Day, for that's when the Easter Lindors come out. The ones in the green packaging. One of my favorite candies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      I didn't know that. I'll have to watch for them.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Love the Lindor chocolates! In fact we have them in our candy dish we put out for Christmas this time of year :) My favorite is the milk chocolate. Hubby can have all the white chocolate ones :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,

      This is the greatest chocolate. They have extra dark chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, caramel chocolate and a mix of white a milk chocolate this year. At least that's what we had in the store. The white chocolate and caramel chocolate sold out first.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni