I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

The post about nothing



That reminds of an old Jerry Seinfeld episode when they were writing the pitch to a TV producer.  They finally got a sit-down meeting and told the guy it would be a show about nothing.  That popped into my head just now.  Oh well…guess I’m tired when funny things pop up out of the blue.  I haven’t thought about that in years.


The only thing going on in my house is me constantly sitting at the keyboard writing on my book.  I bet I’ve written about 12,000 words since Jan first.  It’s coming along, but not ready yet.  I’ve taxed my brain with several scenarios.

Then once in bed, I dream about how to write some of the scenes once in a while, between Tootie’s constant meowing that wakes me up all the time.



 My Office and Library

So I get up in the morning, check my email, get dressed, have breakfast, clean up the kitchen and head upstairs to write.  I love my office in the back corner of the house upstairs – quiet and mostly soundproof from downstairs.  I usually stay up here most of the day, skipping lunch, or sometimes going down for crackers and peanut butter before coming back to my desk to write until five when it’s time to cook dinner.



 Koki on top of linen cabinet

Raven watching her

Koki walking on the shower

The cats usually eat first thing, nap, play, eat again, climb on me a while, and then repeat the process over again.  Koki is still teaching Raven her moves and he’s all eyes and follows her around the house spellbound over her escapades.  They chase each other until they’re worn out with Tootie watching from the couch, probably thinking, “Oh to be young again…those were the days.”  The furniture is taking a beating of little cat feet pouncing and jumping.  It isn’t fun for them unless they can make noise.



 Tootie

Around eight o’clock in the evening, I’m back in my office to write some more until about 11:30 or so, except today because we ran around and stayed outside enjoying the 63 degree weather.  We deserve it after last winter, which was the worst one on record around here for a while.

We’ve enjoyed several gorgeous winter sunsets too.  Check this out.  The high desert does have some nice ones.

Desert Sunset

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sunni! I hope 2015 has been treating you well so far. I love your office. Wow! It's a great space. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vashti,

      Thanks, I'm going to miss this office when I sell my house. Been writing a lot trying to finish a book so have had my nose in the computer. Will be glad when spring gets here too, although the 50's we've had lately hasn't been too bad.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni