I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!

Bradford Pear Tree - Sunni's Photo's

Spring is here and a not a minute too soon for me. It comes with sneezing and coughing. I can’t avoid the allergies and my asthma acting up, but I am so glad winter is over! It’s worth it to me to stay up a few nights sneezing and coughing my head off.


I want to share some pictures with you. Sadly, we lost some plants this year due to the harsh winter, but this tree in the corner offers hope and new beginnings of warmer weather coming. So far, it is the only thing with blooms on it here in our yard.

I washed the cat’s winter throws over the weekend and put those away for the summer. While I was at it, I patched up seven kitty quilts that I have scattered around the house. They needed it after fifteen or so years. Now, as soon as I recover from all the tree and shrub cutting, we will tackle the cat tree. We have to put new rope on it once a year and it’s a big job, being about seven feet high and weighing fifty or so pounds. We have to drag it out onto the patio, take all the old tattered rope off and staple new on. It takes all day because pulling the old rope off takes a lot of muscle and pliers. It’s in too bad of shape to post a picture of it.



Kitty Quilt Repair - Sunni's Photo's

My husband also captured this bird of prey sitting on our wall the other day. He looks proud of his kill doesn’t he?
Bird of Prey - Sunni's Photo's

That is life in the desert. It can be hard and treacherous for animals, not only from the weather conditions, but also from predators. I’m sure this kind of thing happens daily, but this is the first we have seen anything quite this graphic.

Happy spring everyone for those of you living above the equator. Go out, plant some flowers, and rejoice in the birdsong. We are busy cutting back dead bushes. There is no end to that this year.

Of course, I’m still working on the posts for the A to Z too, and on the edits for my mystery novel. Then there’s all the weeding out to do, to get ready to move. Big sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni