Every month that starts on a Sunday will have a Friday the thirteenth. I didn’t know this until I saw a tidbit about it the other day, so I decided to research it, along with other facts. There are usually always two Friday the thirteenths in every year, while some years will have three or four. Very few years have none, although there can be fourteen months without a Friday the thirteenth.
1. High heels were invented by men. Butchers originally used them to avoid stepping in blood. Okay, can anyone really picture a butcher wearing heels?
2. Eating onions and garlic helps your hair grow.
3. High atmospheric pressure affects bubbles in your coffee. If the bubbles are closer to the center, expect rain or stormy weather.
4. Elephants are one of the most intelligent and emotional creatures in the world. They can save other animals that need help, such as trapped dogs and humans.
5. If a cockroach touches a human it runs to safety and cleanses itself. Hmmm…I didn’t think the cockroach had much of a brain, but then I’ve heard they can survive a nuclear war.
6. You wouldn’t be able to taste any food unless it’s mixed with your saliva.
7. Dolphins act as midwives and help other dolphins give birth.
8. Putting sugar on a cut or wound will help it heal faster. I’m going to have to try this. I’m always hurting myself.
9. The smell of freshly cut grass is the scent that plants release when they’re in distress.
10. During pregnancy a woman’s brain shrinks and it takes up to six months to regain its original size.
There are lots more unusual facts. I may write another post about this later.