I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

U is for Underwear




I remember the first time I slept without any underwear.  This was when we visited Mamaw’s house (Daddy’s mother) in the summers.  We would go three or four times a year in pairs to spend the night.  She told us to take our underwear off so we could “breathe”.  Of course, we thought this was very odd, but did as she asked.  It felt strange to us until we got used to it and then we laid awake half the night wondering why we had to wear underwear at home.  Of course, we knew why.  We had cramped quarters at our house and many people around.




We would lie in bed and watch the lights from the highway run across the walls until we fell asleep, occasionally hearing the whistle of the freight train.  The railroad tracks were on the other side of the highway, so very close to my grandparent’s house.

Do you remember the first time you slept without underwear?

10 comments:

  1. I always sleep with underwear...I think I'd feel weird without it! I remember sleeping in my bra as a teen when I spent the night at someone's house. My aunt told me wearing a bra at night causes breast cancer. I don't think there's truth in that, but I did read a story a few years ago that in countries where they don't wear bras, there are almost zero incidents of breast cancer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,

      I think I read the same story about the breast cancer. There could be some truth to that. Your parts kind of get confined and it isn't natural I guess. Before the bra was invented females probably sagged all over, depending on your build. There were a number of years in the late 60's when we went braless. That was the happening thing back then. I do have to admit it feels good to get out of the bra at times, especially in the summer.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Um, probably on my honeymoon. Blush-blush. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way – I love this post. Very blunt, and that makes it super good. I just joined to follow. I'm looking forward to more posts.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi,

      Thank you for joining. I'm glad you find my posts that worthwhile. I just try to tell it like it is. I'll check out your blog and reciprocate.

      Sunni

      Delete
  4. Dropped by for A-Z. I take the 5th on this question! ;) Keep up the good work-we're all in the homestretch!
    www.foreignfeasts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, we're in the home stretch, Lila. Thanks for stopping by.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sunni, thanks for stopping to comment on my blog.
    I love watching the skeins of geese in the autumn sky, always hoping they'll survive the journey.
    Love your cats. We've had cats in the past, but since the nearby quiet road has been made into a main carriageway, it's far too dangerous.
    I'll try to call back after the A-Z. We're nearly there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fanny,

      Thanks for dropping by. I'm trying to visit as many blogs as I can during the challenge. I know I won't get around to all of them. I'll check yours out again later too.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni