I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Monday, April 14, 2014

L is for Lemonade



I’m not sure what it is about lemonade, but I always feel coolerafter drinking an icy glass on hot summer days.  We had lemonade a few times growing up, but when you’re raised in the south the beverage of choice is sweet tea.  We went through gallons of this stuff, usually drinking it from mason jars.




I still drink tea today but not as sweet as we did back then.  Sometimes I put a container with teabags out on my wall in the summer and make sun tea.  Today I love my lemonade for those hot dusty summer days.

We go through lots of ice.  I always think I’m going to buy one of those extra small icemakers to supplement what we get from the icemaker in the fridge.  This idea really gets enticing when the fridge decides to stop making ice about once a month.  My husband always teases and says it must be female – going through its monthly cycle.  Good grief!  Although I do have to say, this fridge has done this quite a bit ever since we’ve had it.  Good thing there’s a small market close by where we can buy ice by the bag.

4 comments:

  1. I've lived in the South all my life and I loathe tea! Is that weird? What I hate, though, is that whenever you're at a conference or a fancy luncheon, they assume you like tea and that's your only beverage option. I've had to ask for a glass of water at almost every conference I've been to for the past 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    I can believe that. Every place you go there is sweet tea, or so it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't like lemonade, but I do love lemon in my tea! I prefer tea without any sweetener at all. I'm not a big fan of sugar, and it hurts my throat. I suppose I'm a bit allergic to it. The one thing I truly love lemon on is fish... I could squeeze a whole lemon on a piece of fish, and I love it! :)

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — L is for 'Longmire' and 'Lost' (and Loddy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen,

      Lemonade really can cool you off in the summer. I'm not a fan of much sugar either, but they sure do drink a lot of sweet tea in Texas. My grandmother would make gallons of it at a time and serve it in mason jars All my sisters make it all the time. I love lemon on fish too.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni