I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Painters Finally Showed up

Free Clipart

We’ve been messing around with this issue at least two months now.  We needed to get the front door painted and the one from the laundry room into the garage.  These doors have to be sprayed, so we couldn’t doing the painting ourselves.

Last Friday a crew came out, painted the front door, and then left saying they would return on Mon to put the sealer on it.  They pulled the weather stripping out, so we had none until today.  I’m thankful it’s been in the low 60’s during the day and in the low 40’s at night and not any colder.

On Monday, the painters were supposed to come in the morning and didn’t show up until 4:30 in the afternoon.  The door was way to hot to put the sealer on it because it faces west and the sun shines on it all afternoon.  So the ordeal was postponed again until today.

The poor cats don’t know what we’re up to because we keep herding them off to the master bedroom.  We can put their litter box, food, and water in the bathroom and I throw a bunch of toys in there to keep them entertained.  They were in there a couple of hours on Friday and then again for a short while on Monday afternoon until they determined the door was too hot to paint.  Today they were in there twice.  This afternoon ended up being several hours because the guys didn’t finish with everything until 8:30 tonight.

I don’t know if all this being pinned up together is helping the relationship between Koki and Raven.  I usually hear a little growling going on behind the door.  Tootie has accepted him and now they have bouts of wrestling on the floor.  It’s so cute and I’ll post some pics as soon as I download the camera card again.

The cats were so glad when we let them out of the bedroom tonight.  They immediately went on the hunt through the house to see what we did while they were pinned up.  We had the doors and windows open to air it out a little in here before we let them out.

Tonight Raven had a lot of energy to burn and he was bouncing off the walls, playing with anything he could get his paws on and doing summersaults and flips in the air.  At one point, Raven jumped on my head and attacked my ponytail.  He reminds me of a puppy wanting to chew on everything.  I bet he’ll be worn out tonight.

I’m still weeding things out and didn’t get a lot done in that area today with the painters here twice and looking at too much property on the internet.  Tomorrow it’s back at it.  At least we can cross the doors off the long to do list.

Now we have to wait for the drywall guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni