I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Uh-oh, the Daredevil’s at Work

Koki - my daredevil


Yesterday, Koki was teaching Raven all her tricky moves.  She started out by jumping on top of the shower stall while I was in there.  She walks on the edge all the time.  He stood on the floor, alert with wide eyes, wondering how she did that.

Koki on the shower stall

Koki on the linen cabinet

Next, it was jumping on top of the linen closet in the bathroom.  This is no easy feat either and I’ve only had two cats that have ever been able to get up there.  Raven got in the bathtub and watched her as he stretched with his paws on the side of the cabinet.  He cocked his head and I could see the wheels turning.


Raven trying to figure it out

She was looking down and I’m sure she was saying, “na…na…na…na…na.”

She jumped down and they chased through the house and soon ended up on the banister upstairs.  Oh no!  That’s how she fell and broke two teeth as a kitten, thinking she could land on her feet two floors down.  I hope he’s smarter than to jump from there, but I’ve noticed he tries to jump further all the time.  He can already jump about six feet horizontally, but hasn’t figured out how to do it vertically yet.  He’s smart, so I’m sure it’s only a matter of time.

Koki on the banister upstairs

So she has him walking the banister too now and weaving in and out of the stiles.  It makes me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni