I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

We’re headed for the deep freeze



It’s that dreaded time of year again when things turn nasty and cold.  The next three nights will be in the twenties with tomorrow’s high only in the 40’s.  Right now the sun is shining and it’s in the low 60’s here, but the wind is starting to pick up and will blow all this s*** in here.

We tested the furnace today to make sure it will work.  We haven’t turned it on yet this year.  And we’ll be out covering plants again before dark, the ones I still have that didn’t perish last year.  Some of the Sago palms are too big and heavy to move to the garage.

When we were at the store earlier in the week I was trying to stock up on things and my husband said, “Good grief.  It looks like you’re getting ready to hibernate for two-three months.  Just stop it.”  I told him I was because I’m not going out if it gets too cold and crappy.  He said he’d go out then.  He goes stir crazy in the house anyway.

I’ll just settle into writing, rewriting, and reading like I always do, or cleaning because there’s always something to do if you look around.

Raven

Koki

The cats are wondering when I’m going to drag out their fleece throws and make them tents on the couch corners.  I don’t know if it’s happening this year because you never know when you have to be ready to show the house, but we’ll see.  I don’t want to deprive them either.  They like to snuggle in and I don’t blame them.




I’m making chili and cornbread tonight.  Doesn’t that sound good for a cold night?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni