I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving is essentially a harvest festival and in that way is celebrated around the world, but at different times than it’s celebrated in the United StatesCanada also celebrates Thanksgiving, but they hold the celebration in October instead of November, probably due to the harvest taking place earlier because of cold weather.

I love this holiday and not because we get to pig out on various food dishes, but because it’s a special day to actually give thanks for all we have.  I think most people are so busy living their lives that sometimes we forget to be thankful for all of our blessings.

It’s nice to have a special day to get together with family and friends and enjoy a good meal and stories together.  Camaraderie and laughter is good for the soul and wonderful when you have others around to share this special day.  We can all be free of work (once the meal is ready) and can enjoy each others company until it’s time to clean up.  But this will go fast if you have helpers and they aren’t stretched out on the couch watching sports.

If you have pets, make sure you’re furry friends are having some turkey too.  It’s lean and good for them, as long as you remove any skin, bones, and spices first.  My cats love turkey cut up into bite sized pieces.  After all, they’ve smelled it cook all day.

So go and be merry and be grateful we have so much because there are lots of places in the world that aren’t as fortunate.

To read 20 fun facts about wild turkeys click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni