I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nostalgia

This is me at Stowe Lake in Golden Gate Park - San Francisco
Yes, the water really is that color


For some reason I drug out some very old clothes “my hippie duds” and put them on today.  Looking at old stuff from my past must have inspired me.  As some of you know, I’m going through possessions getting ready to move.  I’m finding it hard to get rid of some things, but I knew I would.

It’s not so much about material possessions as the fact that I like to keep busy with some creative project.  I feel I’m stretching my mind when I create something, so much more so than sitting in front of the TV.  I’m always up for learning something new, or practicing what I have learned.  Hopefully, I’ll be this way for a long while yet, but it all takes up space because I can’t see getting rid of things that I may use at a later date, especially now since I’m living on a fixed income.

Part of my Sewing Room disaster


I’m still working in the sewing room and of course, now my mind is going all kinds of places instead of where it ought to be going, which is clearing out bits and pieces and thinking about my NaNo project.  I’ve been working on that in the evenings and have added about 16,000 words in the last three days.  I seem to have no problem in that area and am thankful for that.

The weather here is still cooperating and it’s not too cold yet, but we have cooler days coming by the end of the week.  The birds are using the “pool” again, so we have to refill that birdbath several times a day.  They have so much fun splashing all the water out.  I even saw some yesterday splashing around in the gutter across the street.

My birdbath in the backyard


My youngest cat, Koki, is into everything I drag out thinking it’s so much fun to grab stuff and run through the house with it.  One little cat can make a lot of noise.  She’s my shadow and follows me everywhere.  The other two stay downstairs and sleep a lot. 

Koki - Sunni's Photos


We’re still dosing Comet, the oldest one, with meds for her heart and she gets a water pill daily.  She’s never a happy camper about that and hides under the bed to get away from us.  I’m not sure how I’m going to handle this when the end of December gets here and my husband makes a trip to CA.  I’d like to go along, but I can’t have my neighbor trying to give this wild cat her meds twice a day.

Comet - Sunni's Photos


Other than that, there isn’t much going on in my life at present.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe your neighbor can at least help you when you have to give your cat the meds. I'm sure it will all work out. Where are you guys moving to? Good luck on you move, I hope it's smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      Thanks for dropping by. I'm not so sure on getting the neighbor to help with giving pills to a cat. She can't even get hers down and trim her nails. I do it for her once in a while. I have a feeling these meds are the beginning of the end for this cat. We'll see. She is fifteen.

      As far as moving, I'll let you know as soon as I do. We won't be selling the house until early spring. Just getting a headstart on sorting all this stuff. It's a 3500 suqare foot house and we'll be doing something smaller, wherever that may be.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Hello Sunni! I love the picture of the birdies having a great time in your bird bath! We have the same problem. I have two dogs and my oldest who will be 16 on Thursday needs to take heart meds and a water pill twice a day. We (my husband and I) have a difficult time giving him the pills. We have a family reunion/new years celebration out of town at the end of Dec.. I can't take my dogs because we'll be staying in a hotel where dogs are not welcome. So now I have the same dilemma you do. My neighbor volunteered to stay with the two dogs, but I can't see him giving this little "Cujo" his pills twice a day. I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

    Vashti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vashti,

      That is a problem, especially with older pets. How long has your dog been on the meds? You'll have to find someone who can do it while you're away. He shouldn't be without his meds. You might want to find a pet sitter, if you can locate one you trust. It's either that or board the pet at the vet and that can be expensive. I already checked into it. I feel for you if you can't take him along. Maybe you could find a Motel 6, unless you already have firm reservations? They allow pets.

      As far as giving pills to animals, you need a pill-popper, available at the vet. I have a picture of one I did in a post a few weeks ago. That thing is a lifesaver. If you want the picture, let me know.

      Best wishes,
      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni