I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving is this week and I hope we all take a few moments out of our busy day to give thanks for all of our blessings.  We could start out with the roof over our heads and all this food before us that we have to eat today and enjoy with family and friends.

Don’t forget to say thanks for all of our furry friends who are faithful and love us unconditionally.  My baby, Koki, is a constant companion and lies on my lap keeping me warm if I’m on the computer, reading, or watching TV.  She always has the sense to know when she isn’t supposed to disturb me.  I would have never found and rescued her if I hadn’t moved here, so even though it’s not the best place to live, I’m thankful for that part of it.


 Koki in my lap


 Comet

Tootie

My other two cats are older and don’t come upstairs as often.  Although Comet has come up here the last couple of days, which tells me that she must be feeling better.  I’m glad all the meds are keeping her condition at bay.  Tootie usually stays downstairs unless she wants something from me, like her treats at night.  Bless the little rascal.



We are celebrating Thanksgiving by going out this year.  The bad thing about that is that there are no leftovers, but the good thing is I won’t have to spend all day cooking and then cleaning up everything in the kitchen.  This is especially nice when I have NaNo to consider.  We’ll be eating with Aussie friends who normally don’t celebrate Thanksgiving.  That should be fun.  We’re taking a pie to their house later for dessert.

From NaNo Website


On another note, my NaNo project is coming along.  I have 46,500 words now, so it looks like I may make it to my 50,000 barring any emergencies.
The grass is behind this chair and our visitor - this is it in spring
This is the same grass the middle of October

This is the same grass taken in late November

I’m also including some pics of some grass I’ve been watching change colors as the weeks have gone by.  I can see this in the back garden from the kitchen window.  My husband planted it in the spring.  Now I wonder if it will come back next year, or if it’s an annual plant.  I guess time will tell.

Pine Valley Mountain from our backyard

This is the mountain range in front of our house.  I don't know the name.


We’ve had our first snowfall in the mountains surrounding the house, but luckily only rain here.  Even though that lasted four days and it was dreary and cold, I’m still thankful the white stuff didn’t find us this early.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni