I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Something of Interest to Hikers out There



Zion National Park - Subway
 
And you don’t necessarily have to be a hiker to enjoy these beautiful nature pictures.  Sometimes the displays of Mother Nature blow me away with their beauty.


                                             Zion National Park - Subway
 
I have a neighbor who is an avid hiker.  She rock climbs, rappels down cliffs, and rides rapids among other adventures.  One of her favorite places to go is to Zion National Park.  The Subway is a favored spot for hikers, but I must warn you this is not for the novice hiker.  This beautiful spot requires strength and endurance.  Not only is repelling down several cliffs involved, but it also requires swimming through two 40-degree pools.  (Year round, it is this temperature.)

Zion National Park - Subway

 There is such a waiting list to hike this canyon.  They only give out permits for 80 hikers a day and it is always booked up, despite it being somewhat dangerous.

Zion National Park - Subway

 So if you’re a hiker and are ever in southern Utah, you may want to try this adventure.  Most of us will never attempt his trip, so I wanted to post pictures of the beauty in this slot canyon.  Enjoy!

 
Zion National Park - Subway
 
 
 
Zion National Park - Subway
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Zion National Park is absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe you just posted this. My brother, his wife and children are at Zion now. That's where they chose to go on vacation. They've been instagramming since day one. Your pictures are marvelous. I'm so inspired to go now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vashti,

      These photo's are too beautiful not to share. I can't believe your brother is there now. Awesome!

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni