I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Crazy Life in the Desert


This morning I was standing at the kitchen sink doing dishes. There is a good view from the window out to the backyard and desert beyond. What do you think comes along? A hummingbird! I couldn’t believe it and thought, “What is that doing here now?” It was 24 degrees this morning and looks like it will rain or something any minute. It did make it to 40 today. I debated with myself on whether to put out the hummingbird feeder, but so far, that jury is still out. The bird flew off after checking out the rosemary and I haven’t seen it again today.


One thing is for sure here in the desert, the critters are a bit crazy. They do things I haven’t seen before living here. I don’t know if living in the desert makes you loco or not. But it might. There are times when I feel like going back in the desert and screaming. Maybe the animals feel the same way. Who knows? I know life must be harsh out there and I feel bad for them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Sunni. I have not seen any hummingbirds but I have been amazed lately at the songs every morning. I think the birds are singing a prelude to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharla,

    Thanks for reading and posting. I was very surprised to see the hummingbird too bcause it is still barely 30 at night and sometimes in the upper 20's. I hope it's got a nice, cozy place to hang out at night. It gets in the 50's during the day now, so that's not too bad. I'm glad spring is on the way.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni