I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Getting Rid of Duplicate Pictures

Does anyone out there have any duplicate pictures on their computers?  I found a great FREE program for finding all the duplicates.  Believe it or not, I had 24, 859 pictures on my computer and I knew I had a lot of duplicates, so after I turned in my least project I decided to tackle that mess.  I’ve wanted to clean it up for awhile.  There is just never any extra time.  For one thing it takes forever to find what I’m looking for when I need it and for another it takes up hard drive space.

This program is very slick.  It lets you decide what to keep and what to get rid of.  Depending on the amount of pictures on your computer, it takes 2-3 hours for the program to go through them all and load them into the edit window on the left side of the screen.  It took mine 2 hours and 15 minutes to load.  You can go through them as you have time because luckily it lets you save the file each day so you can start again until the project is finished. This long, gruelling process took me three days to go through them all.

Of course now that is done, but I have to organize my file folders.  That is taking a lot of time because I can’t work on it as much as I would like, but it will be very nice when it’s all done.

This program comes from a very reliable source – Kim Komando.  I’m sure some of you have heard of her.  If you’d like to try it, here is the link:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/VisiPics-Download-73331.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni