I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

There is life beyond work



It’s occurred to me that I’ve really been complaining about work lately so I think it’s time to write about something else altogether for a while.  While it’s true a lot of my time is taken up with work, there’s also life beyond the world of food demos. 





We’ve had some gorgeous sunsets here in the desert and I’ve managed to capture a few of them.  I just love all the oranges along with the gold and pink.  Sadly sunsets never last long enough for me.  I’m not always in a position to grab the camera soon enough either.  Sometimes the pinks and oranges give me a 360 degree view and that’s impossible to capture in one picture.  It’s a nice five to ten minute feast for the eyes though.




 Sometimes the rocks and mountains behind the house light up at sunset

Hubby got a shot of this big hawk on the roof the other morning
 
We’re also beginning to get just a small taste of the spring weather that’s coming and not too soon for me.  A few days ago it was in the low 60’s here, sunny with beautiful puffy clouds all over and just beautiful.  We had a slight breeze and it was so nice I would have liked to have bottled that day.  The next day it was back to the gloomy business with more rain and it was quite a bit colder again.  We’ve had a lot of rainy days this year, but I guess that’s better than snow and ice.  Luckily we’ve only had one day of that so far and it was hailing one night when I got off work, so that wasn’t at all fun to be out in.



 Koki likes to chase her tail on this level of the cat tree.  She's done this all her life.  She'll be twelve in May.

Raven and Koki on the cat tree
 
My cats are playing together more, which makes me very happy.  The two of them only have each other now so it’s good they can get along.  Of course I get no sleep when they both pile on the bed because one sleeps on my pillow and the other on my legs.  But I can’t throw them off the bed.  They won’t be around forever and I know I’m gone working a lot so I’m glad they’re happy to see me.

Koki sharpening those claws to attack me with later.  LOL
 
Raven with the new toy I got him for Christmas
 
On another note entirely, I’m not writing as much as I used to (except for blog posts) because I simply don’t have the time to sit quietly and think.  I hope to get back to my mystery series of future novels soon.  I found out about a citizen police academy on the radio last week so I inquired about that and have signed up for the classes that start in February.  Of course they do a background check but I expected that.  I wouldn’t want any criminals taking the class with me.  My purpose in doing this is to make my murder mysteries as realistic as I can.  My editor suggested I go to the police department and talk to someone there about protocol, so I figured this would be even better.  This class is two times a week for three months and will cover everything that the police department does.  There will be more about this later.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sunni! I love those sunset pictures. Yes, we definitely need to take time out to watch the sunset and spend time in nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vashti,

      Thank you. I try my best when taking photos but most of it's nature. We are so blessed to have lots of nice sunsets here. I wish I had more time to spend outdoors.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Oooh, what a great resource for research. I bet you'll learn things you didn't even think to ask. And great sunset photos. We've had quite a lot of rain, too (and it's supposed to start raining again any minute).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      We have more rain coming too and very cold weather here predicted for Saturday when the highs will be in the 30's. It may snow that day. We'll see. I hope not.

      There will be more on the police academy class later. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll learn things that never crossed my mind.

      Sunni

      Delete
  3. Love the hawk picture! Always great to see a sunset, isn't it? Seems fun with the citizen police academy. You'll have to tell us more about it as you participate in it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,

      We get hawks visiting us a lot. Sometimes we don't have the camera handy. Yes, I really enjoy a nice sunset too.

      I'll be sharing more posts about the police academy as I attend it. It's twice a week for three months. It should be very interesting.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni