I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Triple Digits are here

Heat Wave - Free Clipart

Of course, what do we expect living in the desert? We are really in for it though the next week at least, with not much of a reprieve. It is 101 here today with tomorrow 105 and going into the 112 range here for the rest of the week. The poor workers out there paving our street today must be sweating buckets.


It is hot enough inside the house because we keep the thermostat set at 83 to save on the power bill. I’ve been working downstairs except for today because I wanted to clear out some files and move things to the external drive. It’s too hard to take that thing downstairs, so I use a thumb drive down there. We try to leave the A/C off up here, so its 92 right now.

Some different critters are visiting our yard, probably coming after the water I suspect. We have water pans all over the place. I thought I’d share a few pictures with you.

Squirrel enjoying a peanut in the shade
Sunni's Photo's

We haven’t seen this guy much since last year. I think this is one if the babies because his tail is skinnier.

Of course living in the desert we’ve seen our share of snakes, but not as many as you’d expect. This year they are out all over.


This is a Bull Snake, very similar to a rattler, but with no rattles. My husband touched his tail as he slithered up under a rock in the front yard.

I don’t know what kind this is but it comes to drink on the back patio now and then and then disappears back into the desert.

Snake that visits the patio water bowl
Sunni's Photo's


Pigeon
Sunni's Photo's

Pigeons
Sunni's Photo's

We have many pigeons around here that come and get in the birdbath around sunset. They love to get their feet wet. I guess it must cool them off. This is the frost one like this we’ve seen. Usually they are gray with a black neck ring. Once in awhile we see an all white one.

Chipmunk
Sunni's Photo's

And this is another chipmunk making himself at home on our table.

Enjoy your day everyone and stay cool out there.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Way too hot for me! It's been in the 90's here in Golden Colorado and I hide inside. The heat makes me nauseated. I can't take it! I wish to live where it's between 50 and 70 year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,

      That's what I say too. I can take 90 okay, but this is too much. It's like stepping into a furnace to go outside. You can't do anything really, so I've been working on my book a lot and drinking lots of water all day.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni