Kristen bestowed on me the Liebster Blog Award and the Very Inspiring Blog Award. This is my second time to get both of these, so I’ll try to come up with some different answers than I posted last time around.
The problem with these awards is all the questions to answer and selecting blogs for these awards. This takes more time than writing a regular blog post because of trying to keep this short. I’m not good at keeping things short.
Here are the rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose up to 11 up-and-coming blogs (with less than 200 followers) to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
1. Display award logo on blog
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
Liebster Questions: 11 facts about yourself
Here are my facts for the Liebster:
1. I LOVE cats! Okay, I probably used this last time too.
2. I love color so that is why I use bright colors on my blogs and a different every time I post. Black and white can get so boring, although I do wear a lot of black, especially in the winter.
3. I absolutely HATE the cold! I would be happy if it was 80/85 year round. It’s too bad there isn’t a place like that with any humidity.
4. I can’t stand politics, but get my daily dose of it around here because it is always on everyday.
5. I really like the peace and quiet, preferring it to music sometimes. If there’s too much going on, I can’t concentrate, if I’m writing.
6. I love potatoes and hummus and could probably eat this everyday, along with salad and fruit.
7. I only do housework and cook because I have to. I’m not fond of either one, although I love a clean and orderly house. I can go all day without eating anything. I prefer to “graze” instead of having a meal.
8. I hate clocks and having to watch the time all the time. When I can really retire, if that day ever comes, I’m having a “break your alarm clock” party.
9. I don’t care for conifer trees at all, even though I spent five years in Alaska and two in Oregon. I prefer palms instead, or big sprawling shade trees.
10. I like to stay busy doing creative things. I have dabbled in many areas in my life and have enough craft, sewing supplies, and books to open my own store. I always want to learn something new, or try it if I haven’t done it yet. This drives my husband crazy.
11. I stayed up for three days straight a couple of times and never went to bed because I was writing.
Questions for nominees:
The Most Inspiring Blogger Award doesn't have questions, but you are welcome to answer the first seven questions (or more) instead of listing seven random facts about yourself if you wish.
Here are Kristen’s questions:
1. What is your favorite video game (if any)? This can include mobile games and Facebook games. I don’t play video games.
2. Do you like to sleep on a very soft surface, or a harder surface? Soft surface although I can sleep on the floor if I have to or am tired enough.
3. What is the most unusual food you have tried? Poi when I was in Hawaii
4. What is your favorite odd food or meal (if you have one)? As mentioned earlier, I like to graze, so this could be just snacking on various things, such as trail mix, cheese and crackers, chocolate and animal crackers.
5. What is the first sense you turn to when describing something in your writing (taste, smell, touch, sight, etc)? Hmmm ... Probably sight
6. What is one of the cutest things you have ever seen in your life? Baby critters (kittens, chipmunks, quail, etc)
7. What is the ugliest thing you have ever seen or experienced (this can have to do with feelings, or inner ugliness, etc)? A few things can go here, so I think I’ll skip it for now.
8. Do you prefer typing or writing with a pen or pencil and paper? I ALWAYS use a pencil when using paper, but I usually type it, unless I’ve been on the computer too much, or can’t get on it for some reason.
9. What is your favorite thing to drink? Lemonade and water in the summer, but I do like smoothies, and something alcoholic now and then
10. Do you prefer road trips, airline travel, train travel, or other (when going long distances)? Definitely the airlines have it for travel long distances except the altitude plays havoc with my ears big time.
11. What is your favorite way to watch TV, movies, and videos? For example, do you watch everything on your computer or sling it to a big TV? Do you use a Tivo, a DVR, or Netflix? What is your set-up? I would die without my DVR because I can never watch anything when it’s on. Now I love skipping over the commercials. I rarely watch videos, preferring to read the facts instead. I do watch movies and TV shows on the TV.
The nominees are:
http://summersvoice.blogspot.com/ - My Inner Fairy
Because I love fairies and collect them
http://pullupatoadstool.blogspot.com/ - Tracy Moore
Because I’m interested in tarot
http://jcckeith.blogspot.com/ - J. Keith – Inspiring blogger for you because you have more than 200 followers
For some entertaining posts
http://sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com/ - Sandy Sanderella
http://brandysbustlings.blogspot.com/ - Brandy
Funny posts and he has a cat
http://designsbyrow.blogspot.com/ - Rowena
Vashti Q-Vega - Google+ - Vashti Quiroz- Vega
Good story and interesting guests
http://justgoodstories.weebly.com – Shirlene Corcoran
http://lorrainemariereguly.wordpress.com – Lorraine Reguly
http://tossingitout.blogspot.com – Lee Bird
For his encouraging words to others and controversial subjects
http://linnannpike.blogspot.com – LinnAnn Pike
For the funny posts about your life and for the tenacity you must have to keep going
http://jamesosbornenovels.com/ - James Osborne
Prescription For Murder
MURDER…MAYHEM…MEDICINE - James Murray
Interesting facts about many things
http://nouveauscarecrow.wordpress.com/ - Michael Cahill
Beautiful poetic writing
You may give the 11 random facts about yourself, or answer the questions I answered. You pick.
If any of you have more than 200 followers, you can ignore this, of you want to. It is impossible to tell on some of the blogs. That is why I nominated more than eleven.