I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Love those sandpaper kisses

Raven

Raven loves to wake me up in the middle of the night.  He decides I need a bath and cleans up my face before chewing on my head and messing in my hair.

I love his sandpaper kisses but it’s startling in the middle of the night.  I never realized a cat’s tongue was that rough, but maybe it seems that way when he’s bathing my face and neck.  It’s a wonder I have any skin left.  This is the coarse sandpaper treatment, not the fine stuff at all.

Once I’m awake then he’s ready to settle down again for another catnap on my pillow.  Come morning, I have to wash the cat slobber out of my hair so I can go to work. 

Raven’s taken up a real fetish for hair arranging lately.  He tries to play hairdresser to everyone that comes into the house to visit.  I’m not sure what it is.  Maybe he likes the smell of hair products.

But I’ll never chase him off the bed.  Time goes by too quickly and I know one day he’ll be too old and will retire from his grooming duties.  Then all this stuff will only be humorous memories.


Does anyone else have a pet like this?

4 comments:

  1. He does sound like he is a bit of a character :) Koda didn't do this, but when he would sleep on the bed; I would often get up first before my hubby, then Koda would come up and sleep on my pillow. Some mornings he decided it was time for me to be up already so he would come up and try to get me out of bed sooner than I wanted :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,

      All animals are characters in their own way. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. So other cats go for the hair? When I'm over at my brother's, his cats will get up in the chair behind you and chew on your hair. It's bizarre, but apparently not unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's pretty strange that cats go after hair. This is really the first one I've had that does that. It's good to know he isn't totally weird.

    Thanks for reading and your comment.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni