I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

We had more snow today than we’ve seen in years.



It really was a staggering sight to see it snow constantly all day beginning at 9:30 am.  At first, it was like fairy dust coming down, drifting and fluttering gently to the ground.  Then it got heavier and thicker as the day went on.  Our eyes were glued to the scene outside the windows much of the day.  I ended up taking 118 pictures of the white stuff – a bit carried away I guess when I think about it.

It hasn’t snowed this much at one time since we lived in Alaska back in the 1970’s when it would snow for days.  This hasn’t stopped and I’m wondering what kind of wonderland will be outside the door when we get up in the morning.

For the most part, the day was quiet with no wind or noise at all.  A bird of prey came and stayed a long time looking for any rustle in the bushes, so he could snatch a meal.  A lone jackrabbit frolicked in the snow in the desert behind the house.  Later, a few birds showed up trying to get anything at all that wasn’t covered in snow.

I wish my camera took better night pics because after the streetlight came on, it cast a soft glow on the glistening snow and the streets in the neighborhood turned white as the flakes kept swirling to the ground.

Here are a few pics I managed to capture today.  Enjoy.  This will be around for a few days as the high tomorrow will be 26 with a low of 6 degrees.  We aren’t warming up above freezing until the middle of next week.  I’m glad I don’t have to leave the house for anything.

 Video pics by Sunni Morris
Music by Aine Minogue - my album

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni