I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving


It’s time for us all to remember to have an attitude of gratitude.  We have so many blessings in our lives, despite all the horrible things going on in the world today.  The news stations seem to have an endless supply of all the crazy and stupid things that people do.  I could go on and on about this subject because there are so many things that I have opinions about, as I imagine all of you do.  Sometimes we need to vent those feelings and using a blog to do so is a good way to do it.  There will always be people on both sides of any issue that comes to light because that’s just human nature.  We aren’t all alike.

But it’s Thanksgiving, one of the most important holidays of the year.  I want to look past all the allegations of sexual misconduct coming out in the news daily and all the ungrateful athletes and other people who dishonor the flag.  I really think this country pays these people more than they’re worth anyway and if they don’t like things here, or respect this country, they should go home.  If I was an owner of these sports teams they’d be fired in a heartbeat.  Where is the gratitude for all the blessings that all these people have?  Why did they want to come to the USA in the first place?  They have nothing to complain about because there are many people that are far worse off than they are.  I guess I’ll never understand their way of thinking.

We should all be grateful for the simple things that a lot of these people take for granted.  We have food on the table and a roof over our heads and warm clothing to protect us from the cold.  We have jobs and are willing to work for the small necessities of life.  There are so many in this country that are less fortunate than that. 



 This includes our pets too and not just the people in our lives.
As we sit down with friends and family let us all be thankful for the fellowship and the food we can share.  Nothing is for certain and next year can always be different than today.  None of us make it out of this world alive.  Let’s try to be nice to our fellow man while we’re here and can make a small difference in someone’s life. 

We were always taught growing up that things could always be worse and today I realize they can be.  I grew up on a cotton farm with my siblings and we did live in poverty at the time, although we all had each other and parents who loved us and we made the best of the situation we were in.  I don’t think any of us would go back to that time today, but we know we can make it if we have to and growing up like that makes you grateful for your blessings and more tolerant of things that life can dish out.

A pumpkin full of kittens


Go forth everyone and cherish this time with your family and friends.  Put your differences aside and be grateful for all your blessings.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

As a side note, my father would have been 93 on the 22nd.  But he passed away at age 55.  None of us knows how long we have in this life, so we should make every minute count.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I am sorry your father passed so young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pilch,

      Thanks so much for reading. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

      Yes, I'm sorry my father passed away so young too. I guess it was his time to move on, but it seems strange that me and all my siblings are now older than he was.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, Sunni! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! I'm off to start cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vashti,

      Thanks my friend. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni