I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Happy Summer Solstice Everyone





I have a couple of things I want to post but have limited time right now and because today is the first day of summer, I thought this was appropriate.

We’re definitely off to a very hot start here in the desert southwest.  It’s scheduled to reach 115 today.  It was 110 in the shade on my patio yesterday.  I hung laundry out there and it was dry in about thirty minutes.  I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to come in July and August, which are the hottest months here.  We’ve had to put the outside sunshades on the house already and we never do that in June.



My sister Scherri. This is from a couple of years ago, but I sure did like this hairstyle.

I hope everyone has a great summer.  Happy birthday to my sister, Scherri, today.  I’ll be breaking years of tradition tonight when I’m not up at midnight to wish her happy birthday when it’s hers in Texas and mine here.  We’ve always lived in different time zones since we’ve been adults.  So I do apologize for that, but I have an early morning mandatory meeting at work.  I have to get up at 5 AM and that will be torture.  I hate mornings.

Have a great day everyone.  Stay cool and hydrated and safe.  Until next time…

3 comments:

  1. Happy Summer Solstice and 1st day of Summer! 115? WOW! That's hot––I can't even imagine. Here in south Florida we're told that we're going to have a very active 'Hurricane Season' which is not good. God help us both and everyone in our states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vashti,

      I think we'll need God's help this year for sure. The weather situation doesn't look good for your area or mine.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. pilch,

    Thanks. My sister and I are a year and a day apart. And then I have 3 other sisters with birthdays in other months.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni