I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

More Backyard Visitors


The critters know we always have water available for them.  They come by from time-to-time and visit the water pans we have all over the yard.  I always enjoy watching them if I’m home to snap pictures.

A chipmunk (Antelope Squirrel)

A Desert Toad baby.  This one was only about two inches long.

A Bird of Prey.  It was starting to get dark when he happened by.

A thirsty Roadrunner
 
 
There is always at least one lizard on the patio all the time

And of course we had another visit from the snake earlier in the day
 

I like to put food out too but right now the desert has an abundance of seeds available and making the critters eat out there does alleviate some of the mess in the yard, as well as a lot more bugs.  This winter we’ll put out more food when it’s hard to find on the weathered branches in the cold.

4 comments:

  1. A nice variety of visitors for sure (except for the snake :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,

      Yes, I know you hate snakes. I like to provide water to anything that happens by because water is scarce in the desert.

      Thanks for reading.

      Sunni

      Delete
  2. The lizard must have been slow. They always scatter when one is near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      Lizards are so used to seeing us around that they aren't really that afraid. They know they can move quickly if they have to.

      Thanks for reading.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni