I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Oh my! I wear a fur hat in bed.

Raven
Unfortunately I don't have a pic of Puffer to post.  I didn't have a digital camera then.  I need to scan some old pics into my computer and haven't had the time.

The fur hat I’m talking about is black and has four legs.  His name is Raven.

A week or so ago, I woke up to find him lying on my head, his front paws and head on one cheek and his hind paws on the other.  I couldn’t move.  And being the kind person I am, I endured this situation and tried to get back to sleep.

I don’t know why my boy started doing this or how long it will continue.  He’s there every night now when I wake up.  If I get up, he spreads out on my pillow.  Once back in bed, he’ll usually leave because he doesn’t like me disturbing him to get my pillow back.  He stays gone about twenty minutes, but then is back again until dawn.

I have a hard enough time overcoming my insomnia so I can sleep every night, but I enjoy him wanting to be close to me too.  He’s such a sweetheart that I guess I’ll put up with this as long as he does it.

This brings to mind another cat I had twenty years ago that would do the same thing, but he was a white furry angel that weighed about eighteen pounds.  Once I rescued him, he was my baby.  Puffer wouldn’t let me out of his sight.  He’s been gone since 1995, but I still miss him and talk to him every night before bed.  His urn is in my curio cabinet.

Does anybody else cremate their pets?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni