I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Look Whose Turning 7 Today?



It’s my baby girl, Koki.  She wasn’t too happy with the birthday hat, but she puts up with me anyway.  It’s just hard to believe that I’ve had her this long already.

She is such a little character and the best thing that has happened to me since moving to the desert.  It seems there is never a lack of creativity on her part when it comes to driving me crazy and scaring me half to death.

This cat is a daredevil and, even at seven, is still bouncing off the walls at times.  I’m always afraid she’ll break something that’s irreplaceable, but so far we’re good.  There are some ways you can take precautions, but you can’t do that with everything.  Once she almost knocked the TV out of the cabinet, so now I make sure those doors are closed if it’s not in use.  I shudder to think what my husband would do to her if that becomes a reality.

If you bring something into the house, such as a ladder, she has to climb it to the top.  Anything like that is an invitation and challenge.  Luckily, most of the time cats land on their feet because she starts wreathing and making crazy moves up there.  So far the only time she’s really hurt herself is when she jumped off the balcony as a kitten.  I don’t really think she thought about her actions first and what kind of repercussions they could have on her.  She quickly learned when she broke two teeth and had to have them pulled.

But I honestly think this cat is immune to pain.  She did have a broken jaw when we found her as a kitten under my car one summer morning in June.  She was only 6 weeks old then and had to have her mouth wired shut for about 2 months.  She was a little trouper and getting at the dry food was a great challenge for her.  She couldn’t eat that even for a short while after the wire came out and it was a constant battle to keep her out of it.

She will push you when given the chance.  Even when she knows she’s doing something that she shouldn’t be doing, like walking on the curtain rods, she just looks mischievously and does it anyway to see what I’ll do.  There seems to be no end to things she comes up with, but I hate to see her grow old too, so I’m glad she’s still very kitten-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni